Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Coaches Eye App

It's Oireachtas season!!!!!
(Did that make your heart start beating?)

What are you doing to prepare?

My dance teacher recommended we start video taping our dances to see what we can improve. I've been doing this since my mom told me a couple years ago that my arm was popping out during one of my dances and I did not believe her until I saw it. Video taping works.  You can only get better if you work on your weaknesses.

I bought the app called Coach's Eye on the recommendation of another dancer (Thanks, Lexi P.) at my school. It allows you to video tape and then slow down the subject. It was originally used for football players and golfers but works perfect for Irish dance.

It allows you to draw on the screen to point out what you did wrong. For instance, your foot was turned in before a jump. You are able to circle it and save it for next time. It brings out the flaws in your dancing that aren't so obvious because it is in slow motion. This slow motion allows you to see the precise time your step is incorrect. 

Plus, I love the fact that you can compare it with a different video, too. I took a video of my jumps recently and then I will compare in a month.   You can even do this to improve one specific jump or step to track your improvement.  It is kind of like a before and after effect. It compares them in a side by side screen view.  
Google Play store 
Apple store link


If you were looking for ways to improve your dancing, I definitely encourage you to buy this app. It is $5 on Google Play and most likely the same on iTunes but so far, it is totally worth it.

Below is an example of the app and it is clickable to the app website.  
                                                            

   I would love to hear what you think! Comment below!


"There is no glory in practice, but without practice, 
there is no glory"

~Unknown





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;