Sunday, December 14, 2014

Fays Celtic Choice


Review on Fayes Celtic Choice

I am pretty loyal to the brand Fays for my hard shoes over the years but never tried their soft shoe. Our local vendor (Siopa Brog) offered me a few popular soft shoe choices and the Fays Celtic choice.



I noticed instantly how they snugly fit to my arch. There were no gaps. Fays states that they are 100% leather on the sole with a Poron insole.  Poron is a cushioning material that is used in sports equipment and other sport shoes. It supposedly helps with comfort upon impact. There is definitely quite a bit of impact when Irish dancing and I could definitely tell quite a difference especially in the beginning break in phase.  My arches aren't the best in the world but these shoes make my feet look like they are.

As with most dancers, we have to check out the toe support.  It was a breeze going up on my toes.  I noticed the padding goes over the front of my toes and it gives my toes more support. That is my favorite part of this shoe.  There are no seams to pinch your toes or in the long run, seams to break down as you dance.

Fay's Platinum Suede Short Toe Pumps



I have average sized woman's feet so I am always trying to find shoes that make my foot look smaller. Celtic choice makes my foot look narrow and neat. Who doesn't love that?

Another thing I noticed was that they were so much lighter than my previous shoes. Even my dad pointed that out and he hardly ever sees the difference in anything in dancing.  Haha!

Over time, I will admit they stretch out a bit,  I am a street shoe 7.5 or 8 and I got the 4.5. Make sure you get a very snug fit at the beginning or consult your teacher for advice.  This shoe has great heel grip as well.



Oireachtas Champion, Victoria Schull, wears them after they were recommended to her.
She is a street size 7 and she bought a 3.5. 

        "Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life."


Check them out at your next feis. What shoes do you love wearing? Do you stay loyal to one brand?
Comment below or on any of my social media sites. 

Click here for more information 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm considering Fays for my hard shoes and I see you have the same size feet I do. What size do you use? I'm not where I can go try on a pair.

Post a Comment

 
;