Monday, December 29, 2014

My Very Late Oireachtas Update!




The bad news is......  I did not make it to the Parade of Champions.

The good news is.... I can continue this blog. Ha!

It has been a little over a month since my Oireachtas. That is just about how long it takes me to come down from all that energy, emotion and momentum.

At awards, I was called out in the top 10. Woo-Hoo!  I stood up there with some of my best friends that I have made over the years. You really do see the same girls over and over and I felt so good to be surrounded by such familiar and friendly faces.  I knew every single person up there. It was very emotional but I will have to say, Abigayle D. from the Claddagh school definitely had the best reaction as she was called out in the top 10. A reaction like that just makes you so happy for them. When they announced that the top 17 qualified for the Worlds, the stage blew up with emotion.

It finally came down to the top 5, then the last 3 and then only myself and Marisa W. from the Wick School stood waiting...... to NOT hear their number.


But I did.

I placed 2nd in the region out of 129. I will admit I was disappointed with 2nd place at first.  Just to be clear, it is 2nd place two years in a row. After all those hours of practice and time spent at the studio, I really wanted that first place. I wanted to make my dance teacher proud when they walked up on that stage to receive that little teacher trophy. I wanted that title. Obviously, I wanted to be in the parade of champions. I wanted to be that winner.

But don't get me wrong, I know 2nd place is a huge accomplishment, especially staying consistent through one of the toughest age groups with some of the most talented girls. 2nd place is feeling better to me now and I really am proud of myself.

Me and my dance teacher, Darren Maguire.

"I will win. Not immediately, but definitely."  

All in all, I could not have been happier with the way I danced.  I could truly see how proud my parents were of me. My dance teacher was proud of how I danced and how I trained leading up to that moment. Plus, when I danced, I had fun. You know, the kind of fun that you really feel it inside, a Disneyland kind of fun. It doesn't get better than that. 


My sister was proud, too! She always supports me,

Also, at this Oireachtas, I debuted my new dress and new look. As you may remember, my grandpa (also one of my best friends) had passed away in June from cancer. He loved all those creepy mythical creatures and we talked about the Phoenix on many occasions. So on this dress, I wanted to do something to commemorate him.  Cami Dudschus, from All for a Jig, captured my vision for the Phoenix perfectly. I feel him with me every time I dance.


 
My new Cami Dudschus dress!

I really consider myself a very blessed person. Being surrounded by amazing friends and the greatest family ever as they watch me succeed in a sport I love is something only a few people can truly say. I guess those are the real lessons in any activity or sport. I am blessed to have friends all over the world all because of Irish dance.  I hope you found some gains in your placements and I hope you found all those positive and great reasons why we REALLY continue in dance even in times of disappointment.



So watch out Worlds, there are a lot of talented Western Region dancers comin'! 

Happy Holidays dancers! Hope you had a great Oireachtas!

~Bella Irish Dancer

"Your friends should motivate and inspire you. Your circle should be well rounded and supportive. Keep it tight. Quality over Quantity, always."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;