Monday, July 15, 2013

Know Your Competition

                                  

 Katie Michelle Ward

Katie from the Malone Academy, California



I met Katie about a year ago on Instagram. We chatted and commented over our pictures about dance.Then, I actually met her in person at a feis we happened to both attend.. I will say she is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. I feel like Katie and I have a friendship like Julia and Brogan.  

Make sure you say hi to Katie if you see her at your next competition!

Age group: U13

Dance School: Malone Academy

Region: Western U.S.

Dressmaker: Sonia Caskey

Shoemaker: Rutherford, Gazelle

How long have you been Irish dancing? 5 years

What set do you do? The 4 Masters

Whats your favorite soft shoe dance? Why? The Slip jig because it is very feminine and graceful.

What is your favorite hard shoe dance? Why? The hornpipe is my favorite because it is very upbeat and smooth at the same time.

Favorite Irish Dancer/or who inspires you? Ceili Moore and Mitchell Hodges

Favorite place you ever visited for dance? Seattle, Washington for last years Oireachtas.

Achievements: I made open in 3 years and qualified for Nationals at my first Oireachtas

Goals for the next year or so: Top 3 at the Oireachtas, Top 5 at the Nationals, and to Medal at Worlds.

Why do you like Irish Dancing? No words can really describe my love for dance but it does  lets me escape from the world. 



" The only time you should ever look back is to see how far you have come."
-Unknown (Katie's favorite quote) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;