Tuesday, October 8, 2013

5 Things I love about Irish dance

Things I love in Irish Dance:


1. I love the competition.
I love to go to competitions and really show what I can do. I love when you have practiced a step a hundred times and nail it on stage.  Of course, I love the win and all that swag that comes with it.



Credit to who ever made this. I found it off Tumblr


2. I love the hard work of practice.
  
I love when you are so absorbed in practice it flies by.  I enjoy coming home soaked from the sweat. I love the moment when  you finally get that step or jump at class that seemed like it was impossible a hundred times before and then you suddenly get it.  I think one of the things I love the most is that if you work hard, nothing is impossible! My dance friend, Victoria Schull, went from not recalling her first year at Oireachtas to placing third the next year. That says a lot about what you can get done in dance.  I remember asking her how she did that and she said "I used that drive to practice. I practiced jumps in my hallway and really broke everything down." I love knowing that if you work hard, you can be unstoppable.




3.  I love the friendships in Irish dance:
I love the core of friends I have made at my own dance school. It is a place where I can escape from school and be with people that have the same passion as I do.
I love the new friends I have made at the different feisanna. I look forward to seeing them at competitions.  They are not just my competition but a friendly face.
I love the friends I have made through social media sites.  I met a dancer on Instagram from Australia and I know a few people in England and Ireland! Plus, having friends and seeing those familiar faces every where you dance just makes you less nervous at every single competition.


4. I love the performance of Irish dance. 
I love being on stage.  I like the showmanship of Irish dance. I love the dresses, the accessories and occasionally the wigs.  I know I may be the only one. I love the sparkle and the bling.  I love the whole package of a competition day.



5. I love the traveling:
I don't just love going to new places,  I love the preparation of travel almost as much as the going.  I love to pack. I love the journey meaning I love the airplane or car rides so that I can have time to just think about my dances.  It is a good time to visualize about how I am going to perform.
I do love the new places, too.  My favorite cities I have been to for dance are Dublin, Chicago, or Boston. Irish dance has brought me and my family to many beautiful places.





What are your favorite things about Irish dancing? 
Comment below.  

~Bella Irish Dancer

"To succeed you have to believe in something with such a passion that it becomes a reality"
~Anita Roddick 



   

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're not alone loving the sparkle, my dd also Bella loves it too! Loving the blog, look forward to seeing the updates!

Post a Comment

 
;