Wednesday, November 27, 2013

An Irish Dancer's Thanksgiving!

Since Thanksgiving is tomorrow and the end of 2013 is around the corner, I would like to look back on this year and tell you WHO in my life I am so thankful for. 

I am grateful to my mom for taking me to Maguire Academy of Irish Dance when I was a little burned out with ballet.

I am grateful for my teachers. I would not be anywhere in dance without my Irish dance coaches, Darren Maguire, Maeve Croke, and Helen Buck. They have taught me Irish dancing in the best way possible. They have pushed me and encouraged me when I felt like I could not do more.  There are no words that could really describe exactly how grateful I am to have them. They believe in me when I have my doubts during practice and guide me to my goals even if it seems a little high and out of reach. They have given me this passion I have for dance and I get to take that with me throughout my life.  That is a gift that keeps giving. 

 I am grateful (at least, today) for the millions and millions of drills we do at practice! I know it has made a difference. (If they read this, we will probably be doing more drills).  The details are very important in placing.

I am grateful for my faith in my teachers. I know that no matter how long it takes, Mr. Maguire, Ms. Croke, and Ms. Buck will get me to the parade of champions on the WORLD stage!

 The best teachers in the world!
The best teachers in the world!
2nd place Oireachtas 2013


I am so thankful to my Mom and Dad. Without my parent's support,  I wouldn't even dream as big as I do without them making me think it is possible.  London for the World Championships is a great example.  Without their encouragement, I wouldn't be at the dance level I am and I wouldn't have this blog.

I am, especially, grateful to my little sister, Riley. In 2011, when I won 5th place at the Oireachtas, she was one of the first people I saw on stage.  She had made her way to the front row and was balling her eyes out.  She may have been more excited than I was.  I am so grateful that she supports me and pushes me to be competitive.  And I know I owe her many thanks for sitting countless hours at local feisanna.

A big thanks to all my grandparents and my uncles and aunts. They always support me and motivate me to be the best that I can be.

I am so thankful for my dance school.  I am not just talking about my friends in dance class.  I am talking about all the beginner mom's who stop to ask about my dancing and text me congratulations. I am so grateful for the older dancers I watched that made me think I can do better and be better. That means so much. I am so grateful for all the families that make up our GREAT school at the Maguire Academy!

Maguire Academy of Irish Dance, Arizona,-Texas 


Last but not least, I am grateful for all my followers on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and on my blog. You guys truly motivate me and help me improve my writing for school. Plus, I love expressing my feelings to people who feel the same way I do. I love hearing all the feedback from you and seeing what you think.





What are you grateful for?

Happy Thanksgiving,  Irish dancers!

"Today I choose to live with gratitude for the love that fills my heart, the peace that rests within my spirits, and the voice of hope that says... all things are possible"
~Unknown







1 comments:

Unknown said...

Bella - you are amazing. I truly admire your dedication, strength and your inner and outer beauty. So grateful to call you my niece. Keep dancing, keep dreaming and keep reaching for the stars!

Love you - Aunt Paige

Post a Comment

 
;